Fullstack Software Architect // Taxfix
What is Taxfix?
Taxfix is a well-funded tech startup in the heart of Berlin. It is our mission to make tax declarations easy!
We believe that everybody, regardless of their income, deserves to get the maximum out of their tax returns. This is why we want to provide everyone with a personalized tax accountant at their fingertips. Today, Taxfix allows you to file taxes in 25 minutes, no tax knowledge required, no stress, and no forms. Our App offers a chat-like interface to guide you through the process and gives you the maximum return.
Our team has a proven record of creating products that help people improve their lives. We share a passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. We are a small international team of smart, passionate and hardworking people who value non-bureaucratic processes and open communication.
We are looking for someone who is pragmatic, who applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and that enjoys working in an agile environment.
be part of a multidisciplinary product team working with the latest technologies. We have implemented at the core of our stack a tax expert system, which is used by domain experts to define the logic and data models for heterogeneous tax cases and countries. You will dig into this world of modeling taxes using graph data structures and rule-based engines. At the same time you will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable software solutions that support our expert system and other core components in our stack.
- Own the integration of the services and platforms across our software solution.
- Be full-stack. Most of the solutions we build often require backend, mobile, and web components.
- Apply innovative AI technologies to build intelligent software that can continuously assist users in collecting tax relevant information, enabling a fully automated and optimized tax return at the end of the year.
- You will be involved in important product decisions, work closely with the CTO and support the development team with software architecture decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, and proven experience of at least 8 years in software development.
- Passion about crafting high quality and elegant code.
- Previous experience building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
Nice to haves
- Previous experience with graph databases would be highly valuable.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms or automated reasoning.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles (knowledge of Docker desirable).
- Contributions to open source projects.