Go Developer for Machine Learning & Data Mining (Freelance, 100% Remote, Europe) // Vuu
Who we are
We are Vuu, a dedicated team of movie and TV enthusiasts building a unique content platform centered around movies and tv-series for web, mobile and third-party systems.
Currently, we’re growing our design and development team from the ground up. Given the competitive nature of our industry and the app development space, we’re keeping our efforts to ourselves for the time being. But we’d love to give the right person the grand tour, and the option to join an exciting new startup in its early stages.
We are very open to remote freelancers, but require you to be open to visit our main office in Norway on a regular basis. Our remote workers start with a 2-3 day period in Norway before transitioning back to their remote locations, and come back to Norway every ~3-6 months as needed,. All trips and stays in Norway are of course paid for by us.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Go developer to work on the development of social networking features and the continuous improving and mining of data either collected internally or from external movie industry APIs. You should be living in Europe to make remote collaboration in terms of timezones easier.
- 4+ years in backend development
- 2+ years in using Go as programming language
- a passion for simple code which is functional and easy to understand and to maintain
- experience in efficiently crawling external data from RESTful APIs
- experience in mining business value from data
- experience in writing “self-improving” services using machine learning
- experience in building distributed low-latency systems exposing an API used by enterprises
- experience in working with Postgres, NoSQL databases and queues
- experience in working in a Go Monorepo
- experience with agile & distributed software development (Kanban, Slack)
- nice to have: experience in another dev field like iOS or web frontend
- nice to have: experience with Kubernetes
- nice to have: an open-source track record on Github
- had long discussions with friends about the Mirror Universe, the Upside Down, who the Man in Black is, or the accuracy of the human portrayals in The Crown
What we offer:
- work in an international team of truly gifted people
- work full-time remote
- work on something that will have be used by millions of people
The description above is not a requirement for applying. If you don’t tick all the boxes, show us how you’re special anyway, and why you’d be a great fit.
This is truly a unique opportunity to build a great, one-of-a-kind, international product while at the same time work with the global film and TV industry. You’ll have passionate, international colleagues committed in heart and mind to the product we’re building.
Vuu is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusivity, believing that diversity in the workplace is required to build something that has the potential to make a global impact and to cultivate healthy company culture. If you are a member of an underrepresented, marginalised group, or have a cultural background different from most Norwegians’, we strongly encourage you to apply.
How to apply
If the above seems interesting, and you feel you have what it takes to join our team and help us build an extraordinary new platform, then feel free to either email me at email@example.com, or send me a Twittter DM @skreutzb. Or check out our website at https://vuu.tv to see all our available positions.