Golang Backend Developer (f/m) // travel audience
Join us as a Golang developer and be part of a team that builds scalable solutions that have a direct impact on the experience of millions of travelers.
As the global leader in data-driven performance marketing for the travel industry; we build teams of inquisitive and innovative developers, using a modern tech stack.
You are the right person for the job if you:
- Have great practical experience of Golang
- Are passionate about software best practices and are dedicated to ensuring quality via testing.
- Have good understanding of SQL/NoSQL databases and some insights to Docker (not alien to you).
- Are familiar with terms like cancellation propagation, tracing, and data-access serialization; and are using standard Go tools like cover, fmt, vet, trace, czy, pprof.
- Love continuous learning and improvement and enjoy helping others grow with you.
- Enjoy collaborative working in a dynamic, international and diverse environment.
On a typical day you will:
- Design, develop and maintain a variety of Golang microservices running on Kubernetes and using gRPC.
- Work on highly concurrent systems which handle more than 60000 requests per second.
- Take ownership of the full development and operations cycle of a product while ensuring the systems are running correctly and efficiently.
- Use industry-proven tools such as git; and practices such as CI/CD in an agile setup.
- Work in a multi-functional team. Aside from backend engineers using Go, our teams have Data engineers, Data scientists, DevOps engineers, and Frontend engineers.
- Collaborate closely with business departments, such as the Business Intelligence team, Adops and Campaign Management.
- Be responsible for the whole project lifecycle from the design to the technical implementation.
Your work environment looks like this:
- You will be part of a small team of highly autonomous developers with short decision-processes, enabling you to contribute your own ideas and implement them whilst using a modern tech stack. We offer you:
- Using Golang in setup based on Google Cloud and Kubernetes
- An open and dynamic start-up atmosphere that supports excellent work-life balance
- Learning organization with knowledge exchange, lunch & learn program and personal development plan enabling you to grow and improve.
- Dedicated no-meeting days so you can focus on doing things you love without interruptions or distractions
- Choice of hardware (Mac or Linux)
- Team events you enjoy
- 28 days of vacation
- Free gym membership, with access to the yoga and preventative health programs and subsidized outdoor & indoor sports.
- Subsidy towards the monthly travel pass and amazing lunch options. Coffee, drinks, and fruits are on the house.
Travel Audience has and always will be an equal opportunities employer. We are proud of our diversity and actively encourage applications of all nationalities, ethnic groups, genders and abilities. Our diversity of experience and culture is a fundamental part of our success.
Are you the one we are looking for?
We’re looking forward to receiving your application and to starting our journey together!