Hacker in Residence – Blockchain (Ethereum) // Founders
We are looking for a talented Blockchain Engineer who is passionate about making Blockchain Technology and Decentralised Applications more accessible for the average user. In this role, you will work on a new project to exploit generalised state channels in ethereum as a way to simplify access to multiple Dapps.
We believe that decentralized, open-source and democratized technology will and should be an important backbone of the future of the internet (as well as global economy and governance). In our view, blockchain technology and the ethereum eco-system specifically is now getting mature enough to build the first iteration of software to be used by “normal people”. Our mission is to make access as easy, legal and seamless as possible.
You should be confident developing on top of the existing Ethereum blockchain stack. We expect you to be on top of the state-of-the-art and be willing to experiment to push the boundaries of what is possible. Previous practical experience with smart contracts (specifically state channels), also as part of side-projects, is preferred.
You will work closely with Founders partners and expert teams (design and distribution) to define the technical strategy and architecture of the project, rapidly build and test proof of concepts, and implement the chosen solution. As the project proceeds, you will have the possibility to play a key role in building a larger technical team, recruiting, managing and coaching new team members.
You are hands-on, entrepreneurial, and willing to roll up your sleeves whenever necessary. You are fascinated by the opportunities offered by blockchains and decentralised applications and you believe that there is only one way to influence the future: building it.
- Working experience building working software in a blockchain ecosystem
- Working experience building and testing smart contracts
- Working experience with modern web technologies: Node.js, Python, Ruby or similar
- You have a modern and professional approach to: version control, testing, rapid development
- Experience with off-chain transactions and state channels
- Strong background building web based applications
What we offer
- Competitive salary and equity in the project.
- The gear you need to do the job at your best.
- Work closely with a team that does nothing else than bringing new products and companies from Zero to Traction.
- Work in Copenhagen, Berlin or remote
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.