Head of Data Science // WATTx
WATTx is looking for a new Head of Data Science to lead our exceptional data team. As a part of the deep tech company builder, the data science team is involved in a diverse range of projects and data challenges from the industry.
We are looking for a strong and experienced candidate with exceptional data science skills who can pragmatically and confidently handle challenges in varying data-related projects, and is confident in taking the responsibility for managing the data team.
Being exposed to deep tech, IoT and others will give you the opportunity to learn new skills and work with cutting-edge technologies – both in internal ventures as well as with external clients. Projects range from exploring and analysing new datasets, modelling time-series data, applying state-of-the-art machine learning, building prototypical data products in interdisciplinary teams, and working on projects with clients from the industry.
This is a truly exciting opportunity in a unique setting, working with large industry players as well as internal ventures, and being exposed to challenges and data that can be hardly found elsewhere.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering or related quantitative field. MS or PhD preferred.
- 3+ years of work experience in data science or related field.
- Exceptional programming skills in Python and its open-source data science ecosystem (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, jupyter notebooks).
- Extensive experience in data mining and munging, statistical analysis, and machine learning using state-of-the-art methods.
- Ability to independently and pragmatically work on data-related tasks and projects of differing nature.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Exceptional communication skills: Clear and concise presentation of key results and ideas.
- Experience in managing teams.
- Proficiency in English, German is a big plus.
Nice to haves
- Experience with software development in teams.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Experience analysing and modelling time series data.
- Experience in data engineering and big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Generous learning budget
- Possibility to attend conferences
- Flexibility to work on your own ideas
- Flexibility in work environment (moving desks, home office)
- Monthly internal two-day hackathon
- Highly tech-focused environment allowing to learn and gain expertise
- “Best team ever – trust me, it’s true!”