Head of DevOps and Infrastructure (f/m/d) // Kolibri Games
Kolibri Games is a mobile games company based in Berlin. Our two Games, ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’ and ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’ have already reached 50 million global downloads.
We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer in the world and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
We offer an autonomous studio comprising of self-motivated teams in a fast decision-making environment, allowing you to be truly impactful and develop professionally.
Head of DevOps / Infrastructure (f/m/d)
We are looking for someone to join Kolibri Games as head of our growing infrastructure team. This role will directly report to the CTO and will mentor and manage; DevOps Engineers, SysAdmins and Office IT workers.
You will apply your previous experience and knowledge around DevOps and technologies in working with a junior, motivated and hungry team, to help the company grow the DevOps infrastructure.
Leadership responsibilities will be both hands-on engineering and mentoring. You will ensure we are implementing industry best practices and helping the team level-up their technical skills across the latest tools and tech.
The successful applicant can have a huge impact on the infrastructure team, as well as the company as a whole, and enable us to work more efficiently, get faster by reducing build times and making builds more stable.
As part of a fast-paced tech company, you will have the chance to work with new and ever-evolving technologies, make an impact on a relatively new code base and help us build a great foundation on which to make games that reach millions of players. In addition, we offer long-term opportunities for professional development.
- Lead and manage our DevOps and Infrastructure team
- Take responsibility for mentoring and helping the team
- Recruiting and building a team as we scale
- Build and maintain our internal build pipeline
- Automate everything, from building to deployment, and releasing of our games in the app stores
- Optimize and harden our build pipeline to make our builds as fast and robust as possible
- Scale our build pipeline to support multiple builds for multiple projects
- Visualize build steps and current build status
- Leadership experience including mentoring and making broader technical decisions
- Agile Project Management Skills and previous experience leading a small team
- Wide understanding of different technologies, particularly interesting is experience with; Docker, Kubernetes and Git
- Software development experience with C# or other general purpose programming languages
- Experience with Jenkins or similar CI frameworks
- Experience with cloud-based Technologies such as; Azure, AWS and Google Cloud
- Awareness of and an ability to leverage industry best practices and apply the right solution to any given problem
- Must be proactive, self-directed and organized
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with existing code
Kolibri Games is a vibrant games company based in Berlin. We want you to be part of our grand vision of becoming the most player-centric games developer and to help us build a world-class tech company on the way.
At Kolibri Games you will be joining a diverse team with a wide variety of experience, skills and cultural backgrounds. Here everybody can bring in ideas that directly affect millions of players worldwide. We believe in people, in strong self-motivated teams, in fast decision-making and empowering you to take charge through a supportive, learning-friendly atmosphere.
We work in a flat hierarchy with the opportunity for everybody to weigh in, no matter how many years of experience you bring. Every employee takes over their own projects from the first day, which ensures quick learnings, ownership and skill development. Our main title is ‘Idle Miner Tycoon’, one of the three most successful idle games worldwide with more than 50 million downloads and seven-figure revenue per month. In April 2018 we launched our second game, ‘Idle Factory Tycoon’, which achieved over 4 million downloads in its first month and is about to replicate the success of our first game.
Due to this being an international studio, English is the spoken language. So please do remember to apply for this role in English. Thank you.