Head of Engineering (f/m) at solarisBank Berlin // solarisBank AG
solarisBank is the world’s first banking platform. Our goal is to empower finance pioneers – anyone who wants to build something new with banking services. The core of the company is fast, modern technology that makes our banking services quick to setup and simple to build with. We see ourselves as a tech company with a full banking license. Our international team of more than 50 combines digital focus, tech expertise and banking experience. Whether you're a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you're ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
- You are part of the technology team and report directly to our CTO
- You take overall responsibility for delivering quality software in a sustainable way with a special focus on the overall SDLC including QA, DevOps, and Platform Maintenance
- You will be the people leader of all developers and guarantee both the teams’ performance as well as individual growth of the team members
- You foster and enable an agile development environment and ensure agile processes and working style, involving the product management organization
- You have high standards when it comes to quality of code and software and help the team to adapt to this level
- You take care of the right team setup, actively shape the tech team organizational structure as well as lead staffing activities
- You are the primary interface to the product responsible and also towards the commercial teams
- You ensure smooth onboarding and integration of new team members
- You have a deep understanding of modern information technology, the SDLC, and code quality
- You have relevant work experience leading software developer in a dynamic company environment
- You are an exceedingly strong manager and focus on guiding the development team by mentorship and hands-on support. You feel comfortable working with Ruby, Grape, Elixir, Phoenix, React.js, AWS, Docker, Mircoservices
- You are intimately familiar with modern team structure concepts such as self-organized teams, autonomy, mastery, purpose
- You have experience in the areas of Backend / APIs and Frontend / JS as well as System Design or DevOps
- You have the strong will and ability to learn fast and you are able to explain complex matters to different audiences
- You are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture
- You have at least one hobby beside coding
- We aren't a traditional bank – rather a tech company with a banking license. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We're a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It's an exclusive combination you'll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We're growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →