Head of Engineering (f/m) // Fraugster
Fraugster is a German-Israeli payment security company with the goal of eliminating fraud and increasing our customers’ profits. Over the last two years we’ve invented an artificial intelligence technology that combines human-like accuracy with machine scalability. This ability lets us foresee fraudulent attacks before they actually happen and gives us a distinct competitive advantage over every other player in the payment security space. We’re already working with some of the most well-known payment and e-commerce companies in the world. Notable clients include companies like Visa, among others. Fraugster is backed by top tier investors and is currently managing billions of Euros for our clients.
As Fraugster’s Head of Engineering you will take charge of the most pivotal department in the company. You’ll be responsible for all projects and deliveries in the engineering domain, including setting up the technical vision, roadmap and workflows as well as establishing collaborative interfaces with other departments in the R&D Group.
You’ll be reporting directly to the CTO and be part of the company’s leadership staff, closely interacting with the company’s board as well as strategic customers. In parallel you will drive the growth and scaling of the engineering team, focusing on attracting international talent as well as developing existing team members to take on greater responsibilities.
Skills & Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience in engineering roles including 4+ years of people management experience, preferably in cross-functional and international teams
- Demonstrable experience in scaling both teams and product architecture to comply with global operations
- Hands-on as well as architectural experience with big-data/high availability products. You know not only how to build products, but also how to run and maintain them
- You are passionate with people management – you understand that building a world-class team is not only about getting the right people but also mentoring them and creating personal growth opportunities
- A related academic degree is not a must, but is definitely a big plus
- Thorough experience with containerized environments with Docker, CoreOS, Kubernetes is a big plus
- You have an extensive network both locally and internationally which you can leverage for attracting top talent
- You are fluent in business English and possess great verbal and written communication skills
What we offer:
- Take a leadership position in a high-growth company – build your team, drive quality, shape the culture and leave your mark
- Take on the challenge of fighting the good fight against cyber-criminals, shoulder to shoulder with the best industry experts, using the most advanced AI technology
- Fun, creative and focused teams committed to learning and problem-solving through collaboration
- A team of experienced founders and colleagues who are industry experts
- Competitive remuneration (salary + shares)
- A brand-new office located in the vibrant heart of Berlin
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →