Infrastructure Engineer – AWS // Babbel
We are looking for an AWS Infrastructure Engineer to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning.
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms. Our customer base is broad, diverse and passionate about language learning.
We’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages!
Our infrastructure teams provide the core product platform as well as core AWS-based infrastructure to all other feature teams within Babbel.
In your role as AWS Infrastructure Engineer you will work with the infrastructure team to prepare and deliver a wide range of technical initiatives as well as manage daily business.
In addition, you will help drive the evolution of the infrastructure itself collaborating with a variety of teams and stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Working in the Infrastructure Team building and running the AWS services and features
- Implement and maintain technical projects across a wide range of initiatives
- Implement technical product platform evolution
- Enable and collaborate with other teams to get their projects running in the AWS
- Daily operations and advising feature teams
- Proven experience of core AWS services and features
- Strong experience in provisioning the infrastructure with Terraform
- Configuration management tools (e.g. Chef)
- Working knowledge of running serverless applications and Lambda functions
- CI/CD environments
- Drive for simple and sustainable solutions
- Good communication skills verbal, written
- Pragmatic drive with action bias and can-do attitude
- Experience in lean and agile methodologies
- Experience in distributed system architectures (REST APIs)
- Experience in driving cross-platform projects (mobile, web, backend)
- Experience in Programming language Go and node.js
- Bonus: “AWS Certified Developer – Associate” or “AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional”
- Bonus: Experience with Ruby on Rails
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Cutting-edge tools & technologies
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 40 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene