iOS Engineer // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is the booking platform for incredible travel experiences. Powered by a global team of over 400 travel experts, GetYourGuide helps travelers find the best things to do wherever they’re headed. Since its founding in 2009, travelers from more than 155 countries have booked over 15 million tours, activities and attraction tickets through GetYourGuide. The company is based in Berlin, Germany and has offices in 14 countries around the world.
As an iOS Engineer, you will be working directly with our design team and product managers with a focus on our iOS Application. You will join a growing team of engineers to create a revolutionary mobile experience and work on our most strategic channel, impacting hundreds of thousands of customers every month.
The Native Apps team’s mission is to create a personal companion that helps travelers discover, access, and experience the best things to do at their destination. We strive for customers to have the best experience they can while on their trips. We explore how we can leverage native technology, to shape the future of travel.
- Champion for the continuous improvement of our customers’ experience
- Develop the native iOS GetYourGuide applications
- Maintain a high standard of quality for our code, features and products
- Translate high-level ideas and requirements into practical solutions
- Contribute to learning and advancement of our engineering practice
- Help build and grow our team
- Customer-centric and data-driven decision making
- Ability to turn ideas into solid, maintainable code
- High proficiency with Swift, iOS SDK, Foundation, UIKit
- Capable of working in a diverse team alongside designers, product managers and backend engineers
- Open to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Positive, proactive team player who is passionate about their craft
- Excellent English communication skills (orally and written)
Nice to have:
- Have one or more successful iOS apps published in App Store
- Experience in iPad Application development is a plus
- Experience with continuous integration environments
- Good knowledge of the following tools: Git, Xcode, Fastlane, Jenkins, CoreData, RxSwift, JIRA, HockeyApp
- Experience with widely used architecture styles like VIP, MVVM or MVVM-C
- Knowledge in RESTFul APIs highly advantageous
- Work on a product that helps create memorable travel experiences
- Smart, engaged co-workers
- Speak English in the office with people from over 50 nationalities
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Space and logistical support to host meetups
- Annual external training budget – be constantly learning
- Well stocked kitchen and our famous pizza & beer Friday’s
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistanc
Do you have the skills for the job, enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We are looking forward to hearing from you! For any further questions regarding this position contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime, you can check our blog http://inside.getyourguide.com to see what happens behind the scenes at GetYourGuide!