IT Engineer // Sauce Labs
Who We Are
At Sauce Labs, the IT team is responsible for creating and maintaining the systems that everyone uses to do their best work every day. We’re not your typical IT team because while other IT teams have the juice–we’ve got the Sauce.
We’re seeking someone with fantastic communication skills, consistent follow through, and the energy to hit the ground running, but most importantly, we need someone who can grow and learn with the team. Regular activities may include imaging laptops, onboarding new employees, audio/visual setup for events, monitoring the help desk queue, and responding to tickets with the high level of service our users have come to expect from the team.
You have an excellent understanding of both computer software and hardware, as well as a demonstrated willingness to learn and adapt to new technology. You’re known for your astute problem solving skills, you possess solid written and oral communication skills, and you have the ability to interface with a technical and non-technical audience. Ideally, you will have prior startup experience and familiarity supporting a mixed OS environment as well as administration of enterprise applications.
- Resolve complex, technical issues with hardware, software, printers, scanners, networks, and mobile devices.
- Create laptop images, maintain asset inventory, respond to support inquiries accurately and in a professional manner.
- Onboard new employees, train end-users to use new technology and bridge the gap between technology and business needs.
- Ability to work independently and some evening and weekend hours for special events as well as being on-call for emergencies.
- Willingness to be versatile and flexible in an environment where priorities change often and rapidly.
- Be a team player and communicate issues, findings and solutions with your peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related fields.
- 2-3 years of helpdesk or IT support experience with demonstrated working knowledge of basic hardware and software products.
- Familiarity with macOS, Windows, Linux, IOS and Android operating systems.
- Experience managing enterprise applications such as AWS, Google Apps, Zoom, Jamf, Okta, Jira, Asana, Zendesk, etc.
- Experience writing scripts, automating tasks and creating instructional documentation.
- Experience installing and managing network communication systems such as Juniper routers and switches, Palo Alto Networks firewalls, and Aruba wireless access points.