IT Lead with Cloud Experience // AMBOSS
You believe great people can achieve greater things with the right technology and tools? People doing repetitive tasks and not having the best IT environment to work in gives you a headache and makes you wanna cry? You know how run modern office IT in the cloud and bridge this with traditional IT knowledge? If at the same time you want to work for a company that makes the world a better place, keep reading because you just found your dream job.
At Amboss we develop software that is used by hundred of thousand of medical professionals around the world with the goal to improve the lives of billions of people. We are a diverse and fast growing company and looking for an Office IT Manager that helps the rest of us working better.
Your job is to ensure technology is used to help everyone working at Amboss do their job better. This means among other things:
- You think strategically to solve IT problems and have the hands-on skills to implement those strategies.
- Serve as an internal consultant to the rest of the company to optimize workflows and digitalize processes.
- Ensure your colleagues have the right hardware and tools to do their job. And if they don’t you find the right tools and integrate them.
- Test and evaluate new technology to make sure that we’re working with top-notch tools that make us more efficient.
- Build up an office IT team as you grow and expand our internal use of technology to make Amboss even better.
- Be responsible for the WiFi and network used by hundreds of devices in our office spaces in Berlin and Cologne.
- Choose, set up and maintain technical equipment in conference rooms and the office space to make our distributed team feel connected and work together.
- Do the usual all around office IT stuff like hardware inventory, license management, processes for onboarding and usage, and so on.
- 5+ years experience in an IT Manager / IT Administrator role or similar
- Experience with cloud based software like for example Google Apps, Slack, Jira, and integrating different cloud workflows and stacks.
- Quick learner, adapts fast to change/new environments
- A general curiosity about technology and a drive to create better solutions for lame tasks
- You are a generalist and have broad knowledge on technologies, some examples that you should have come across in your career, we don’t require specifics because smart people can learn anything, but the following are some examples
- Wireless Network/LAN Troubleshooting skills. Knowledge of common Network-Protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP etc.)
- Of course Mac OSX, Windows, Linux on a sysadmin and user level
- The ability to keep a positive attitude, even when 100 people screaming for Internet and the AP just went up in smoke
- Willingness to visit our office in Cologne if needed
- You are a people person and have excellent English communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to work in a company that has the potential to improve medical care for billions of people
- A vibrant startup with a friendly and cooperative culture
- Varied and interesting tasks with a high degree of autonomy
- An ambitious and dynamic team with flat hierarchies
- A flexible work environment
- Regular team building events
- A company yoga studio in Berlin and free yoga classes at least 2 times per week
- Free membership at the Urban Sports Club, with multiple locations throughout Germany
- An Italian espresso machine, the best Argentinian steak in the city straight off the grill, a terrace with panoramic views of the city, and a fully stocked fridge
- A fun-filled working environment (how often do you get that?)