IT Systems Administrator (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 6 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
We are looking for a talented IT Systems Administrator to join our Internal Operations team in order to help us in achieving our mission to make Blinkist an excellent and effective working environment. This role would help our growing team to work even better by ensuring the highest standards in inventory management, IT infrastructure, and technical onboarding tasks as we scale. This team member would also be key to our entire organization as the go-to person for new equipment and technical troubleshooting. This role works closely with the Internal Operations team as well as the CTO.
What you will do:
- Own our in-house network: take over the existing in-house IT landscape from the firewall to the Wifi to the printers consistent with our company growth goals
- Maintain and keep the firewalls up to date
- Maintain and build out our brand new synology NAS that is used by our video and audio team to backup our assets
- Manage technical inventory and onboarding: shape and develop our device management to keep an eye on all devices and their health
- Develop OS standards for all technical devices in the company: choose, implement and ensure the right security strategy
- Ensure new team members have all equipment, accounts, and software necessary to begin working
- Develop our IT strategy: work closely with the CTO to develop our in-house infrastructure
- Keep up with the company growth and ensure zero office downtime
- Plan for the IT needs of various teams across the organization, from backup systems to camera equipment to VPN networks
- Provide 1st level support to all Blinkist employees and be the go-to person to troubleshoot issues in the in-house system
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- 2-3 years experience in setting up in-house infrastructure for companies larger than 100 employees
- Experience in setting up an employee directory service to manage accesses (vpn, email, etc)
- Experience with infrastructure hardware from Meraki and Watchguard as well as with firewalls software
- Experience with hosting and running internal software services and tools
- A deep understanding of the latest security software
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer Operating Systems (MacOS, Windows, Linux)
- A love for helping other people and a service-oriented mindset
- Experience with AWS is a plus
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of IT Systems Administrator, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!