IT Systems Coordinator // Transparency International
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. In collaboration with more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it.
Main function: The IT Systems Coordinator provides technology leadership for TI-S. The IT Systems Coordinator administers and maintains the computing environment, advises on technology improvement for TI-S and ensures that appropriate technology services are delivered.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Duration: limited for 2 years, with the possibility of extension
- Location: TI-Secretariat (TI-S), Berlin, Germany
- Team: IT/ICT
- Job grade: III (please see https://www.transparency.org/files/content/work/TIS_SalaryStructure_Jan2014.pdf)
- Administer and maintain computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations
- Recommend changes/upgrades to improve systems and network configurations
- Create and maintain documentation for all processes and procedures
- Support clear internal project communications capability across TI-S and the TI Movement
- Evaluate, test and deploy all software and hardware upgrades to servers and users workstations
- Support and fully engage in the exchange of learning and expertise within a community of learning practice across TI-S and the TI Movement
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Relevant ICT degree and/or relevant professional qualification/s or equivalent experience in the ICT sector
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in servicing the information systems needs of a medium size organisation
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms (incl. Office 365 and SharePoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate ICT matters to individuals with different backgrounds
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, able to diagnose and resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated experience in organisational and capacity development
- Professional language proficiency in English required; proficiency in German an advantage
- Commitment to the values of Transparency International
- Willingness to travel, if needed
Other information about the post and the location:
Transparency International and its global network offer an inspiring work environment with real learning opportunities and support. Berlin is an attractive metropolitan city with relatively low cost of living.
Qualified candidates should submit, preferably via email, a cover letter (mentioning the origin of the application, BERLINSTARTUPJOBS) and CV in English (in one pdf file) to:
Deadline for applications is Sunday, 1 July 2018.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To learn more about Transparency International, please visit our website at www.transparency.org.