Java Backend Developer – API Team (m/f/d) // lieferando
We are looking for a (Senior) Java Backend Developer to join Takeaway.com’s API Team. As a developer in our team you will play a key role in writing services towards a microservices architecture while regarding the current system. By this you will help our company to provide features in different domains such as restaurants, customers and ordering.
How you describe your team to your friends
“Our team has the opportunity to play a leading part in designing, developing and maintaining new company-wide used services, while considering integration with existing systems and teams. We enjoy a lot of freedom in terms of architecture as well as priorities, and have a role in shaping the technical future of the company.”
- Define, develop, test and maintain clean and self-explanatory endpoints for RESTful APIs using continuous integration, microservices patterns and other related topics
- Develop features for different data domains (order, customer, restaurant, etc.), keeping testability and performance in mind
- Provide support to others both within and outside your team
- When required, explore new technologies, weigh their pros and cons and share your insights within your team
- You are a team player who enjoys an agile environment and loves team collaboration and knowledge sharing
- Highly proficient (at least 3 years) in Java backend development (Spring Boot)
- Experience with relational SQL databases (MySQL)
- Experience working with Docker
- Familiar with DevOps mentality and CI/CD systems
- Good communication skills in both written and spoken English
The following would be a plus:
- Experience with other microservices or cloud solutions and tools, such as Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Consul and Mesos/Marathon
- Experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD) in a microservices environment
- As you’ll be joining a young team, you will be constantly presented with novel puzzles and will be unfettered by legacy code
- You’ll become part of a team that prides itself in owning its stack and you’ll have the opportunity to make your voice heard during technical and design discussions – your opinion will count.
- Company contribution toward your pension saving
- Awesome (global) team events like the summer party, skiing trip and more!
- Table football, billiard and Playstation in the kitchen
- Contribution to your travel cost with the amount of the BVG monthly abonnement
- An attractive location with roof terrace close to Potsdamer Platz
- Workshops, conferences and training seminars to support our growing team
- Inhouse German language courses
Please attach your document/s in PDF format.