Java Backend Developer // Authenteq
Java Backend Developer at Authenteq GmbH
Authenteq is a well-established startup, looking to change the way you verify yourself online to third parties. Our goal is to remove anonymity where necessary while increasing user-controlled privacy. If you’re excited about creating server applications and using the latest technologies in face recognition and photographic forensics then look no further! Together, we can make a difference. We believe that nothing can’t be solved when committed individuals bring together their resources and their resolve.
At Authenteq, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to join, to stay and do their best work. We are entirely focused on equality and genuinely believe in the diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
As a Java Backend Developer at Authenteq, you will…
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Authenteq backend and API for our mobile applications.
- Your primary focus will be the development of such applications and their integration with other back-end services.
- You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design and build API’s for our mobile applications
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of our backend servers
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Interface with product managers, developers, engineering managers, and stakeholders to prioritize problem resolution and ensure release readiness
- Become an expert on our products and their use from a customer perspective to ensure a positive end-user experience
Do we have your attention? Great! It would also be cool if you:
- Are a true team player: open, communicative and capable of organizing and prioritizing your work
- Have solid programming skills in Java and Python with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Experience with blockchain technologies
- Good knowledge of performance limits and characteristics
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, like Git
- Have excellent English communication skills
What’s in for you?
- A chance to join at the ground floor of one of the most innovative and exciting new startups in Europe
- A young and dynamic start-up environment with a rapid development cycle.
- Exciting technical challenges to work on and great opportunities to learn, grow and contribute.
- The opportunity to shape and develop a truly innovative product with the potential to revolutionize how transactions are conducted online.
- A friendly and multicultural team, based in a heart of Berlin.
- Help with relocation from abroad
- Competitive salary and benefits as well as equity in a growing company.
**We will not entertain or answer any solicitations from agencies that approach us**