Software Engineer (m/f) // Raisin
Raisin GmbH – the “Startup of the year 2015” is looking for a Software Engineer (m/f) to join our team in Berlin.
Raisin is a Berlin-based FinTech startup with a business model that the Wall Street Journal describes as: “So brilliant that customers cannot say no”. We have received €60 million in funding from well-known investors including Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, Index Ventures, Yuri Milner and Tom Stafford, and we are the fastest growing FinTech in Europe.
For more information about our team and what our employees think, take a look at our short film.
For further development and expansion of our successful business, Raisin is looking for highly motivated, smart and driven engineers to complement our team in Berlin. As a Java developer here, you will be working on our online banking system together with an international team of top developers from companies including Google and Facebook.
- Providing core services and high quality solutions for a large scale online platform and everything related to the online banking system
- Integrating externally developed components into existing application environments
- Together with the rest of the team, setting standards, establishing guidelines and sharing best practices in order to ensure continuous learning and development as well as stable solutions for our customers.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related fields or equivalent practical experience
- Familiar working with Linux, MySQL and the creation of web services and new applications
- Understanding, dissecting and influencing business requirements in order to find a suitable technological solution is one of your core competencies
- Good understanding and practical experience in working in an agile environment using test-driven development and continuous integration
- Writing clean, maintainable and well documented code comes naturally – we strongly believe in Uncle Bob
- You are comfortable with very open and challenging code and architecture discussions
- You are an open-minded and creative team player willing to continue creating our culture
- Great English communication skills
What we offer
Our Current Stack:
- Java and Python
- Jenkins and Maven
- RedHat + other Linux distros
- Ansible, AWS and Managed Hosting
- International experienced engineers with a wealth of experience
- A small team that you will help shape
- Regular feedback, coaching and development opportunities, including participation in conferences, trainings and other events
- We ship every week and you will be shipping your first week
- Opportunity to shape the development of our tooling and tech stack
- Great work life balance giving you the opportunity to make the most of living in Berlin
- Great culture across the company, including yearly retreat, common sports and social activities and a yearly visit to Oktoberfest
- Support with the Visa process