Java Developer (m/f) – Technical Online Marketing // Visual Meta
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a “Java Developer (m/f) – Technical Online Marketing” you will play an important role in implementing and writing marketing algorithms and tools.
We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 16 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup. Our vision? To become THE global service for comparison shopping.
How are we trying to achieve that? During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, Eclipse, Elasticsearch and Tomcat.
- You implement bidding algorithms
- You work on the interaction between in-house and other digital marketing platforms via API integration
- You implement marketing tools for other in-house departments
- You write tests and take care of code maintenance ensuring the best possible code quality
- You hold a university degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
- You have at least 2 years’ experience with Java and a good understanding of algorithms and their complexity
- You possess a very good understanding of relational database systems such as MySQL
- You are passionate about clean and high-quality coding
- You bring a strong affinity for the technical side of online marketing
- You have a good understanding of Web APIs; experience with Google, Facebook and MsAdcenter APIs would be an asset
- You come with an analytical mindset as well as an organized and detail-oriented working manner
- You feature a communicative, open-minded and a team-oriented personality
- We code stuff that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks)
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability by using the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=o2Bn4fwO&s=Berlinstartupjobs. As your responsible recruiter, Anja Kasiborski will be your point of contact.
Visual Meta GmbH | Alexanderstr. 1-5 | 10178 Berlin
www.ladenzeile.de | www.visual-meta.com
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →