Java Engineer (m/f) // commercetools
We are looking for talented Engineers who code with passion and care about quality. You are familiar with responsive and scalable web applications and would like to use state-of-the-art technologies and frameworks? You have knowledge how a web application works, both on the front-end and back-end side? Then join us and work with us on challenging projects for our mother company REWE Digital!
ABOUT YOUR NEW ROLE
- Design and implement eCommerce web applications in Java
- Software Lifecycle Management of service from development to deployment
- Analyse requirements and discuss technical approaches
- Close work with your interdisciplinary, agile team consisting of Agile Coaches, Product Owners, Backend Developers, Test Engineers and Squad Architects
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, (Business) Informatics and/or equivalent experience/qualification
- Min. 3-5 years of full-time work experience as a Software Engineer in an agile environment (working with Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Solid experience in working with Java 6 (we work with Java 8)
- Experience with designing and implementing REST APIs
- Lover of high quality and well tested code and experience with TDD
- Experience in functional programming and/or with Scala and Akka Streams
- Interest in eCommerce solutions
- Excellent communication skills and good English level
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities, conceptual skills as well as a structured, analytical and independent way of working
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies, concepts, etc.
- Great team player with a good dose of humor and pragmatism :-)
- Experience with Spring MVC, Spring DI and Spring Batch
- Experience with Ansible (or deployment in general)
- Experience with Docker
- Familiar with microservices
THIS IS HOW WE WORK
Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.