Java Engineer (m/f) – Mobile Development // Visual Meta
Your mission at Visual Meta? You will be mainly responsible for developing mobile enabled web platforms that operate worldwide. If you want to build products that matter and reach millions of people as well as believe in lean and agile software engineering, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 16 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup. Our vision? To become THE global service for comparison shopping.
How are we trying to achieve that? During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Elasticsearch and Tomcat (JSP).
- You implement new frontend features in cooperation with our Product Management and Graphic team
- You help our team to provide the best mobile user experience for our customers
- You proactively look for ways to improve our platform and products
- You are responsible for fixing bugs and solving problems
- You set up A/B tests to assure the effectiveness and user acceptance of new/already existing functionalities
- You monitor and improve the page metrics on mobile and tablet pages
- You possess an university degree in engineering, computer science or similar
- You bring at least 2+ years of java experience
- You have experience with producing object-oriented, structured, readable and testable code
- You have a good understanding of Git and preferably Linux
- You come with expertise and a strong awareness of on-page search engine optimization
- You love writing software and enjoy reviewing others’ code
- You show an analytical and agile mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” mentality
- You are a team oriented and motivated personality and willing to share your knowledge with your fellow colleagues
- We code stuff that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks)
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability by using the following link: https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oUtr4fwC&s=Berlinstartupjobs. As your responsible recruiter, Anja Kasiborski will be your point of contact.
Visual Meta GmbH | Alexanderstr. 1-5 | 10178 Berlin
www.ladenzeile.de | www.visual-meta.com
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →