Klarna’s mission is to take the friction out of how people buy online and we enable our users to purchase online using two bits of top of mind information – your email and postcode. When a user buys with Klarna we determine in real-time if the buyer really is who they appear to be and if we are prepared to underwrite credit for this transaction and take on the risk. In summary, our secret sauce is the ability to issue credit in real-time using behavioural data.
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Software Engineers to join our brand new office in our newly formed location of Berlin, Germany. You’ll be one of the first feet on the ground and will lay the foundations for Berlin to become as big as our Stockholm office!
What you will do
We work in small highly collaborative Agile teams. You and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback and time to market. To do this we focus on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
- We’re looking for engineers that share our passion for building great products using solid engineering practices. We are looking for positive and passionate people who will put teamwork and collaboration above all else. You will need to be comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to navigate ambiguity and a high rate of change.
You should have
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with API and product development
- Passion for writing clean and testable code
- Have successfully applied and are enthusiastic about Agile/XP practices (Pairing, TDD, BDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
You might also have
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery Experience
- Familiarity with cloud-based and DevOps technologies and tools (AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ECS)
- Experience as a contributor to an open source project. Contributor to GitHub and/or Stack Overflow.
Do you code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We’d love to take a look. Here’s some of our workhttps://github.com/klarna