Junior Data Engineer // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language. Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. At Babbel more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are looking for a Junior Data Engineer (full-time) to start immediately in our office in Berlin-Mitte, Germany. In your role, in the Data Engineering team you will evolve our existing data infrastructure and build data services that help build and sell next generation customer features.
Our data engineering team owns the infrastructure that makes the vast amount of data accessible, reliable and efficient to query, so our teams can make the best data-driven decisions. You will work closely with Analytics, Marketing, Product, Engineering and Finance to ensure they all can collect and action data.
- Design, operate and scale the platform infrastructure and data products for your different internal customers
- Design, build, test and maintain data-processing pipelines with a mind toward accuracy, scalability, high performance and data quality
- Investigate next generation data and analytics technologies to expand the capacity and performance of Babbels stack
- Be part of Agile development teams
- 1+ years professional experience designing, building, monitoring, or scaling data processing pipelines
- Hands-on AWS experience would be beneficial
- You have heard of, and ideally have used, one or more of the programming languages we use: Python 3 and PySpark
- A passion for staying on top of emerging data-processing technologies
- Engineering background, ideally experienced with cloud-based data systems
- Knowledge in SQL and ideally in NoSQL databases,
Babbel is a great place to work, amongst many other things, you will enjoy:
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours in a vibrant international team from over 50 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene and great company benefits (company bike, fresh fruits & drinks, hackathons, music room etc.)
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth and have the freedom to publish open source projects (see on github)
- Participate in hack days, technology brown-bags
Sounds good? We are already looking forward to hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page, our blog and our techblog to get an impression about #lifeatbabbel!