Junior Infrastructure Engineer (m/f/d) // HeyJobs
HeyJobs mission is to leverage data & technology to make recruiting 10x more efficient and effective. By applying best practices from the online world to recruiting, we help our clients win talent at scale. We have raised over 5M$ in funding and are always looking to add talent to our team.
Here at HeyJobs the tech team have struck a perfect balance between iterating quickly while still producing high quality code and scalable infrastructure.
Every member of the team has a prominent voice and is encouraged to experiment, take risks and make suggestions that will have an impact on the business. Everyone is also given full end to end ownership of their features.
Our processes and our infrastructure allow us to release new features often and painlessly. Infrastructure improvements and refactoring are part of our road map, and we have high test coverage across the team. TDD is an essential part of our development process.
Our Engineering division is divided into two highly performant teams.
The first is Team Laser, working on our web products using Ruby, React, AWS, Terraform, PostgreSQL and Docker. They provide our clients including some of the largest business in Germany with highly functional web applications to help with their internal recruitment processes. These web applications allows them to create content rich job ads in an intuitive manner. They are currently building a self service platform for our clients to manage all their job ads and budgets in one place.
The second team is the Marketing Automation team, who employ machine learning to vastly improve the reach of job ads for our clients. They collect huge amounts of data from different sources to maximise the number of relevant applicants for each of our clients’ jobs. They use the latest and greatest tech on this team. On the data and machine learning side we use Python (SKLearn, Pands, Numpy) AWS Lambda, Kafka, Sagemaker and Terraform.
As a Junior Infrastructure Engineer you will together with our Senior Infrastructure Engineer:
- Empower our engineering team to build and release features reliably and quickly
- Ensure HeyJobs systems can handle our growth and international expansion
- Implement comprehensive monitoring and alerting
- Build out our infrastructure on AWS with Terraform
- Improve our CI/CD pipeline to ensure fast and reproducible builds
- Make sure HeyJobs systems are protected from attacks
To succeed at this position you should have:
- Experience in a similar position
- Understand the concepts of networking
- Hand-on experience with shell scripting
- Hands-on experience on any major cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud or similar)
- Previous experience with infrastructure as a code (Terraform, Ansible, Cloudformation, etc)
- Proficiency with at least Ruby, Python, Go or any other dynamic language is a plus
- Willingness to learn, share knowledge and educate software engineers
What do we offer:
You’re going to step into a key role in our engineering organization. You’ll be able to define our infrastructure and influence our engineering direction. We’ll make sure to support you by providing lot’s of learning opportunities and generous education budget.
We are on a strong growth path, so don’t miss the chance!
If you’d like to be part of a highly collaborative and cross-functional team, with limitless opportunities to learn and grow get in touch.
Send us your application and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We’re excited to hear from you!