Junior IT Helpdesk // Babbel
Founded in 2007, Babbel is the world’s top-grossing and most effective language-learning app. No small feat, and no small challenge. In a moment rife with talk of walls, we’re building bridges — making the language-learning journey as exciting and empowering as possible, helping people forge new connections and participate in worlds bigger than their own. We do things that matter. And foremost, we make people speak their new language as they’ve always wanted to. Come work with us.
There’s still so much to do.
Babbel is for everyone, not some niche or elite strata of learners. Everyone. As our user base has grown, so has what they need from us. Their learning needs, life experiences, and reference points become more varied and colorful by the day. Meeting that means ensuring users see themselves reflected —not just in our product— but the world it allows them to imagine with us. That means reflecting the dynamism and diversity of our users, as much as possible, in the production of Babbel. We currently have 600 people from more than 50 nationalities working in our Berlin and New York offices, challenging and learning from each other at every step. A culture of difference and dignity is critical to how we’ve connected with millions of users, in every hemisphere
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer (f/m/d) to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany!
Your responsibilities will be:
- Deploy new hardware and software for staff
- On- and off- board new staff and freelancers
- Respond to user requests in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of Macs, PCs and Linux machines
- Proactive and self-reliant – you work independently to achieve goals and prioritize work as needed
- Reliable and committed to delivering high-quality work
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable about IT and technology as a whole
- More than 5 years experience deploying and managing Windows on the desktop
- Experience working with Windows Deployment Services and other management solutions
- Experience supporting macOS and Linux computers
- More than 2 years experience using and supporting Google Suite
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (at least CEFR C1)
- An analytical mindset and are able to communicate complex matters in a structured way
Nice to have:
- Elementary to intermediate knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, Powershell)
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Slack
- Written and spoken German skills (at least CEFR B2)\\
Babbel is the world’s most successful language learning app. Work with us to make a real impact in the world, in a meaningful way.
- We’re driven by a bold challenge
- We solve meaningful problems – at scale.
- Diversity and difference are our strengths; lifelong learning is our life’s blood
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- Tackle a steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- Work in a challenging environment and where you’re expected to bring your game face
- Take advantage of a lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- Draw from a vibrant international company with people from over 50 different nationalities.
- We offer great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks).
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out our jobs page, our blog, and our techblog for a fuller picture of #lifeatbabbel!
Questions about a career at Babbel? Contact us! +49 (0) 151 2051 6139 or get in touch with Tamara Menendez (email@example.com) for more information.