Junior UI/UX Developer // Small Improvements
We help employees grow and communicate better. Our feedback platform serves 700+ customers worldwide, including GoEuro, OpenTable, Marley Spoon and GetYourGuide. We’d love to hire a keen UI/UX developer with a passion for clean design to help us re-imagine major parts of our web application.
We’re a small but very international team of 30 people based in Hackescher Markt for most, and the US. Our customers use Small Improvements to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.)
It’s a userfriendly product, enabled by a very configurable and complex backend. We’re constantly reworking existing functionality and building new features. Join our team of 6 UI/UX designers and 10 developers and help us make our product and brand truly world-class.
What you’ll do
The job combines design and development.
- Ensure the product looks slick and simple
- Make interactions and flows work like a breeze
- Display the right amount of detail at the right time
- Ensure screens are efficient and self-explanatory
- Make end users rave about our UI to their friends
- Sketch wireframes and create clickable mockups for instance using InVision
- Ensure our HTML and CSS is clean, simple and compliant
- Fix UI bugs and glitches
- Learn about our build process (gulp, webpack) and help improve and tune it
- Beyond feature work, you’ll contribute to our styleguide, you’ll stay up to date with broader trends, and you’re available for developers’ ad-hoc questions.
To learn more about how we work, visit the Design Team’s page.
Who we’re looking for
Have you just finished school or uni, and possibly also gained some initial work experience? Let’s chat! We’re not very interested in formal qualifications, we care more about the following:
- You have an eye for modern web design.
- You have very good HTML and CSS skills.
- You have some initial experience working on complex applications or websites.
- You pay attention to detail.
- You’re pragmatic and push for the easy improvements first.
- You’re self-motivated and come up with suggestions on your own.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international. We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English. Also, our team counts 16 nationalities for 28 employees!
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office between S Hackescher Markt and U8 Weinmeisterstrasse is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.