Lead Backend Engineer // FCG Germany
Lead Backend Engineer – Microservices
Frontier Car Group builds and runs marketplaces focused on emerging markets in the auto sector. The focus of FCG is to increase efficiency of these markets through technology and infrastructure creation.
At Frontier Car Group you’ll work with colleagues highly committed and passionate about what they do. Our teams are proud of their brands and products, and are ready to go beyond what is needed to contribute to the company success. Your desire to innovate and experiment will always be encouraged.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who enjoys working in an enthusiastic working environment and loves to build great platforms and software from scratch.
You get the chance to lead the team responsible for all our micro-services, contributing to the development of new processes and solutions. We will give you the opportunity to realise your ideas and to shape your own way of working.
- Hands on experience using and developing micro-services
- Strong knowledge of Web APIs APIs design
- Production experience in working with Node.js
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration / Deployment
- Experience with SQL (preferably MySQL) and NoSQL databases
- Previous experience with Elasticsearch and Kibana
- Experience with test-driven development and professional development processes
- Experience with RabbitMQ or another AMQP message broker
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Sound knowledge of GraphQL
- In-memory data store such Redis or Memcached
- Google Data Store knowledge
- Production experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of DevOps processes and tools
We offer the possibility to work together with a team of experts in different areas like frontend, backend, full stack development, DevOps, iOS, Android and QA.
- Office in the city center of Berlin
- An international team of smart and enthusiastic people
- Open mindset for new technologies and processes
- Vibrant team culture