Lead Data Warehouse Engineer // Blacklane
Blacklane provides an outstanding ground travel experience in over 250 cities and 50 countries worldwide. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 200 people from 40 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us! Help us solve the challenges of moving travellers around the world and support a thriving community of professional drivers.
PLEASE FIND HERE A TOUR OF BLACKLANE’S HQ OFFICE IN BERLIN:
A TOUR OF BLACKLANE’S HQ OFFICE IN BERLIN
- You will be part of the Data Warehouse Development team and be responsible for maintaining and developing data solutions in collaboration with the respective stakeholders.
- You familiarize yourself with our data solutions and the tools we use.
- You identify tools and techniques for advancing and evolving our data solutions.
- You coach and mentor more junior members of your team so that we can all be great together.
- You integrate new sources into our existing data warehouse structure and develop the views, setup and monitor ETL jobs and significantly contribute to our data warehouse architecture to support all business needs.
- You will be responsible for data integrity and continuously improve data quality as well as the automation of adjacent processes.
- You will be one of the go-to-people in case of a data warehouse issue and responsible for troubleshooting to ensure the availability and consistency for all stakeholders.
- You will take over the responsibility for our tracking system and be in close contact with our engineering teams, to ensure a stable and robust tracking setup.
- You know the ropes when it comes to Data Warehouses and Data Engineering
- If you already have some experience in leading and mentoring a team, all the better
- You have advanced skills in SQL and Python and you are enthusiastic about data, databases, ETL and data analysis.
- You feel comfortable handling large datasets and have experience in data modelling and data warehouse architecture.
- You have an independent working style and you are comfortable working in an international team.
- If you are experienced with Kafka, Apache Spark, Flink, procedural SQL, ETL Tools…big plus.
MORE THAN A JOB
Blacklane was founded to create a place where its employees would thrive. This is a deep part of our culture, and it shows Life at Blacklane really is more than just a job.
- We provide training and support for your career development.
- We have supportive schedules:
- Work from home days.
- Flexible hours.
- We have a supportive environment:
- Customizable desk configuration.
- Choice of hardware/OS/IDE.
- Collaborative spaces.
- Private space to utilize.
- We’re using modern, frontend tech (React, Redux, WebPack, Jest, MobX).
- We’re using modern, backend tech (Ruby, Rust, Elixir, Go).
- Work on a team where your opinions are valued and listened to.
- We agile development (Kanban, Scrum).
- Be a part of a vibrant team that is transforming our workplace.
- Belong to a company that helps you develop your professional skills.
- Vouchers for free chauffeured rides!
- Regular self-organized team events.
- The usual office perks: soft drinks, coffee; beer and cocktails on Friday. Cool parties!