Lead Front End Engineer // Opinary
Opinary has one mission: We make opinions matter. On the web and in real life. Globally, people use our polling technology to share their opinion with one simple click. The instant visualization of opinion trends enables our users to engage in an open dialogue and to understand complex debates.
By harnessing latest advances in Machine Learning, NLP and distributed systems design, our platform ensures that our content always stays relevant to the reader.
With over 80 Million monthly users, we’re one of the fastest growing startups in the media space. You’ve probably used our tools yourself on publishers like The Times, Spiegel Online, NBC, Huffington Post or the Independent.
We are looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer to support our growing product team.
- Build and lead a team of talented and motivated frontend engineers and support them to achieve their growth trajectory, encompassing personal development and professional goals by giving regular feedback and active mentoring.
- Collaborate across functional boundaries with product owners, data scientists and designers to deliver an impactful, well-engineered product that carries our mission.
- Be an advocate for a strong development culture that strives for continuous improvement: in code, in process and software development practice.
- Support a team culture that is inclusive, transparent and encourages accountability, experimentation and growth.
- You have strong frontend development (we use amongst others react.js, redux, webpack, flow) expertise spanning at least 5 years of professional experience, delivering successful products and managing complexity at scale. Technical credibility will be a strong asset.
- You have strong leadership skills and display this by supporting your team to unleash their full potential and by leading by example.
- You still nurture yourself as a great frontend technologist but understand that in the choice between coding and people, your team comes first.
- You care about results and want to proactively challenge the status quo by pushing for technological advancement and accompanying its adoption.
- You have formally led a group of developers or are ready to take the plunge into leadership.
What we offer
- Your technical chops will directly impact today’s debates in the most relevant media outlets
- We have a diverse and open culture from different professional and personal backgrounds.
- Our agile team provides the space to directly influence and impact our product positively without having to traverse a complex spiderweb of hierarchies.
- Growth and continuous learning: everyone at Opinary is encouraged to trust in experiments and personally grow – a generous learning budget underpins this.
- We provide a flexible working environment – choose your working hours, holidays and preferred laptop.
Interested? Start your application with a click below!