Lead Software Engineer Node.js (m/f) // Free2Move
Free2Move is one of the most exciting projects of the sharing economy. We are a subsidiary of PSA Group and the central column in PSA’s strategy to transform from a classic car manufacturer to a mobility provider. As part of this process, new product ideas are created around a core mobility platform.
Our Node.js stack is built on top of koa framework. Testing is done with Jest, we measure coverage and the build fails if threshold is not met. We keep track of code complexity, we take pride in writing great code, fullstack tests and delightful documentation. As a team we are driven by very open and direct communication (we talk tacheles, meaning no-bullshit), we value open discussions, we enjoy our work and have good humor. We are as agile as we feel fit, which we feel is very agile.
We are currently looking for an exceptional lead developer who is able and willing to:
- Take over the responsibility for a reasonably complex software system built with a mixture of OO and FP inspired programming techniques.
- Grow his own team of developers (this includes mentoring and hiring)
- Drive technical/architectural discussions
- Craft SOLID code at good speed.
More specifically we want to meet you for an interview if you feel most of these sentences define you..
- You have at least 5 years of experience building enterprise applications
- You consider yourself an accomplished software engineer and architect who can demonstrate her/his expertise in technical discussions, code reviews etc.
- You are able to make architectural and design decisions and you are keen to implement core parts and public APIs of a bigger software system.
- You are fluent in at least one other programming language (preferably Ruby, Python, Scala, Kotlin, Haskell or Clojure).
- You know your way around OO style programming as well as FP. You can explain their principles and techniques and you apply them in your everyday coding.
- You pay attention to details when writing your code. You don’t copy & paste code from stackoverflow unless you understand how it works and consider it a good solution.
- You can tell whether a piece of code is clean or if it smells.
- You have detailed understanding of (No)Sql storage engines: You know query planning and have an idea how to optimize data models for good runtime performance.
- You are not afraid to ask questions in addition to having the will and ability to discuss solutions based on discussions.
- Take full responsibility of existing code base (no legacy, you will only inherit well-factored code) and extend existing services with new features.
- Design and implement REST resources, MongoDB queries, JSON processing pipelines.
- Investigate technologies, build prototypes, run performance benchmarks.
- Review code of other developers.
- Grow your own team of developers. It’s your duty to hire other talent to make the team even better.
- Improve our stack: We are always happy to see faster builds, more automation, cleaner code, higher test coverage and other goodies.
At Free2Move we offer:
…You will work on a modern and well designed stack of technologies including a working CI build pipeline and test automation (we do a good deal of what can be considered SOLID engineering).
…You will read and work with clean code.
…You will work in an international team coming from all over the world with flat hierarchies.
…You are offered the freedom and trust to shape our software landscape.
…You will get unlimited carsharing!!