LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER // WATTx
Are you a self starter who’s always eager to take on new challenges? Do you have a good taste for engineering design and can spot bad design from a mile away? Are you a natural leader? WATTx is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our ranks. As a part of Engineering Team, you will lead technical development of projects solving challenging industrial problems, working in cross functional teams in an agile environment.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Leading day-to-day development
- Technical design and implementation of the product
- Planning and specifying the product roadmap
- Close collaboration with the founders, engineers, researchers, venture developers and data scientists.
The engineering culture at WATTx has been shaped around principles of user-centric design and agile software development. We work in autonomous teams, value pragmatism over idealism, simplicity over complexity and technological agnosticism over fundamentalism, and are looking for people who share these values.
WHAT YOU NEED TO START YOUR MISSION:
- Extensive experience in designing complex software systems and knowledge about design patterns and antipatterns
- At least 2 years of experience leading software engineering teams
- Experience with agile project management methodologies, demonstrated by ability to select processes that work, based on current situation and not on dogma
- Excellent people skills
- Extensive experience with strongly typed programming languages, Golang being preferred
- Extensive experience operating or designing distributed systems
- Extensive experience working on real-time data processing, knowledge of InfluxDB or VoltDB is a plus
- Experience with Docker or similar containerization technology
- Experience performing code reviews and pair-programming with other software engineers
- Experience with Kubernetes
- DevOps skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package
- Diverse environment to learn and thrive in
- Monthly hackathons
- Ownership over your projects and an empowered working environment
- Guidelines and training materials based on industry best practices and our experience
- A generous learning budget for professional and personal development
WATTx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technologies in the industrial and consumer Internet of things. We are a full-stack team: hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers and designers, venture developers, and strategists. Our cross-functional project teams take a user-centric approach to identifying opportunity areas in particular research areas that inform ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are quickly prototyped and vetted as pilots with clients, investors, and potential partners. Dedicated to lean development and a sprint spirit, we expect research kick-off to venture spin-out to take a matter of a few months.