Machine Learning / Data Scientist (m/f) – Preschool Education worldwide // EIDU
What we do and why
At EIDU, we are developing a learning app for children to teach themselves relevant concepts without the help of adults. We believe that every child should be given the chance to leverage his or her full intellectual potential.
To fully exploit their potential, children need a proper foundation early on. It is our mission to help them acquire foundational skills before they start school at six years of age. Our solution will enable them to teach themselves, and it works globally, even on the cheapest devices.
We are currently testing our EIDU app in the toughest conditions we could find: with more than 1,500 children in Kibera, the largest urban slum in Africa, located in Nairobi, Kenya.
We collect usage data from all players, and so have a vast, rich dataset of learner performance over time. We are also conducting randomised controlled trials to prove successful learning on a scientific basis.
Your challenge: Develop and optimise ML models to ensure the EIDU app gives the “right” exercises to every playing child, based on their past performance, mood, situation and many other factors
- Get and stay on top of Knowledge Tracing research and other fields relevant to our domain
- Evaluate potential or existing approaches, features, algorithms or error metrics to build and improve our ML systems
- Analyze the impact of different models on key metrics
- Bring (or collaborate with engineers to bring) the best-performing models to production
What you should bring
- A quantitative degree (ML, math, CS, statistics or anything else which taught you the concepts fundamental to ML)
- Work experience building predictive models and managing their performance
- Good overview of machine learning techniques
- A passion for what we do
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently and to prioritise
- You are well organised, diligent, curious, and pay attention to details
- Software development experience is a plus
What we offer
- An international team (currently from 9 countries) with professionals in learning experience design, UX, psychology, software engineering, and data analysis.
- Passionate colleagues, who support and challenge each other to achieve the great goal we set out for.
- Great flexibility regarding working hours, vacations, and the place of your work. We focus on results, not time spent in the office.
- An attractive compensation scheme consisting of a competitive salary and company shares.
- One of the coolest office locations in Berlin.
- An open ear if you have ideas for improving what we do and how we do it.
If this resonates with you, there is no time to waste. Contact us at email@example.com with an application letter and your CV.