Machine Learning Research Engineer // So1
So1 is Google Adwords for retail.
We have built and are expanding a revolutionary cross-retailer promotion platform based on cutting-edge algorithms and a seamless online integration with traditional offline retailers. On our platform we allow both brands and retailers to target consumers truly individually and in real-time with the most efficient discounts and promotions.
Our models infer, predict, explain and measure the behavior of shoppers. Our algorithms optimize for econometric goals adjusted for long-term customer satisfaction and engagement.
The So1 Engine learns from billions of consumer transactions and derives the right impulse at the right time to induce a change in customers’ behavior.
We have partnered with leading retailers and are successfully marketing our unique platform and business model to the world’s largest brands. So1 has been backed by high-profile investors Target Partners and Shortcut Ventures with 7-figure investments.
We offer our employees unique learning opportunities and the chance to take on important projects from day one.
You will track the state of the art in various areas of Machine Learning and Deep Learning, Operations Research and Optimization
You will come up with ideas for models, prototype them, deploy to production and run A/B tests
You will develop mathematical abstractions covering business needs in flexible ways
You will communicate ideas, capabilities and workflows to business stakeholders
You will be working both independently and in small focus teams on the full project lifecycle – from project inception to monitoring production results
You are an open-minded polymath craving for transforming your ideas into real-world impact.
- A curious, creative, analytical mindset open for ideas coming from: psychology, neuroscience, econometry, statistics, physics and machine learning
- Love for rapid, hands-on prototyping with tight feedback loops
- Strong familiarity with fundamental statistics, probability theory, information theory, linear algebra
- Experience in building custom ML algorithms and pipelines from scratch
- Python, SQL coding skills
- Strong core computer science, data structures and algorithms
- Experience working with very large datasets and live production systems
- Experience with either of: generative models, semi-supervised learning, reinforcement learning, natural language processing, ranking & recommendation, metaheuristics and optimization
Bonus points for
- Public activity in the ML scene (papers, conferences, meetups, videos, open source projects)
- Coding skills in any of: C++, Matlab, R, Scala
- Background in research/fintech/adtech
Our offer to you
- A multi-terabyte, rich dataset of customer behaviors
- Tight feedback loops within a real-time system
- A wide selection of projects, from large-scale prediction, through uplift measurement to anomaly detection
- Highly energetic environment and very smart colleagues in all fields: ML, computer science and business
- Freedom to shape your role and significantly impact the company’s direction and future
- High performance-based compensation
- Stock options possible after you have proven your impact
- The flavor of a startup (free drinks & snacks, team events, rooftop terrace, etc.) combined with the professionalism of seasoned veterans
Your new team
We are a diverse team of about 30 software engineers, ML engineers and business people. All united in their hunger to achieve something great and change the promotion game for good. We operate in small teams, with flat hierarchies. We love cooking together in the kitchen and having fun with barbeques on our rooftop terrace. We welcome everyone warmly in our team no matter where you come from or what your background is.
We are very much looking forward to your application. Please send your CV including earliest possible entry to the So1 recruitment team.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →