Mid-Level Quantitative Python Developer for Rating Model Development // Scope Group
Scope Ratings GmbH is looking for a highly reliable colleague with strong technical and analytical abilities to join the Quantitative Analysis & Modelling (QAM) team.
QAM is responsible for the quantitative rating model development at Scope Ratings and provides quantitative support to the different franchises of the Scope Group. We build tools that support our rating analysts at various stages in the rating process, ranging from data analysis and data mining projects to numerical simulation engines.
As Scope is growing we are looking for an experienced Python programmer to work with us to increase the performance of our code base, scale our computing solutions and improve our data management.
Come and join us to build with us the European rating alternative
- Develop quantitative tools for the analytical units of the Scope Group
- Support our rating analysts
- Improve code performance
- Implement distributed computing solutions
- Design and implement flexible data solutions
Your professional profile
- Experienced Python developer: Strong knowledge of standard Python packages as well as experience in distributed computing solutions, cloud computing, and object-relational mapping techniques.
- Knowledge of database technologies
- Familiar with general ETL design and development
- Ability to write high-performance SQL queries
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques and statistical software packages like R would be a plus
Your personal profile
- Strong affinity towards technical challenges
- Interest and motivation to learn the practical insights of credit rating analysis
- Interest in capital markets and financial products
- Highly reliable and with attention to details
- Ability to work in a team and independently as a self-starter without close supervision. Self-drive and versatility are very important
- Highly critical, curious and able to think outside the box
- Fluent proficiency in English is a must. Other European languages are a plus
We offer a challenging, full-time position in Berlin, in a company with high development potential. You will be part of a committed and professional team with a flat hierarchy. The dynamism and the small size of the team will allow you to take as much responsibility as you can. Your work will become quickly visible and will have the direct impact.
We look forward to learning more about you from your application. Please apply online using our application tool quoting the reference “20180131“. Please note: for non-EU applicants, a valid work and residence permit is a prerequisite for this post.
What we want to see
- Signed current CV
- Criminal record certificate
- At least 3 letters of reference
- Copy of your university degrees and certificates
Scope Ratings GmbH, a part of the Scope Group, is the leading European credit rating agency, with headquarters in Berlin and offices in Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Milan, Oslo and Paris. The company specialises in the analysis and ratings of financial institutions, corporates, structured finance, project finance and public finance. Scope Ratings offers a credit risk analysis that is opinion-driven, forward-looking and non-mechanistic – an approach which adds to a greater diversity of opinions for institutional investors. Scope Ratings is a credit rating agency registered in accordance with the EU rating regulation and operating in the European Union with ECAI status.