Middle / Senior Android Developer // Feingold Technologies / Sharecare
For our rapidly growing R&D Center in Berlin Mitte we are looking for a Middle or Senior level Android Developer.
Area of responsibility
The Middle or Senior level Android Developer will be responsible for programming mobile applications for the Android platform 4.1 and above.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Implement mobile client applications for Feingold and partner companies
- Implement client application infrastructure and SDK components
- Create technical documentation of solutions when required
- Debug, profile and optimize code
- Write unit tests
- Extreme programming with scrum methodologies
- Integrate with 3rd party APIs, such as Google and others
- Deployment to app store
- 2+ years of experience developing native Android apps for the Middle level and 4+ years for the Senior level
- Fluent in English
Knowledge and Experience
- Experience building Android applications (alone or in a team) that have been released on Google Play
- Strong familiarity with the Google Play Store and the app submission process
- Thorough knowledge of Java, Android SDK and Android NDK
- Excellent skills in Git
- Good knowledge of UI/UX patterns and Material Design components and approaches
- Experience in Client-server architecture and web paradigm
- Experience with the reactive functional programming paradigm RxJava
- Knowledge of Android architecture approaches (Offline, Synchronization, MVP, MVVM, Clean Architecture etc.)
- Testing experience: Unit testing (JUnit) and UI testing (Espresso)
- The following would also be advantageous:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science
- Knowledge of Server-side development
- Knowledge of iOS development
- Dependency injection experience (Dagger 2).
Sharecare’s Innovation Technology & Products Center in Berlin is a production grade R&D organization. We develop the future of behavioral analysis technologies and health-related systems for the purpose of creating a world-class intelligent healthcare platform that anyone can use.
Some of our award winning developments include technologies for detecting stress and emotions from voice and text. Our customers use these technologies to understand their relationships with their social circles and how these relationships affect their well-being, which in turn helps us to understand the collective health of large populations. We are currently enriching these technologies with the latest in machine learning, sensors and medical research.
We are ambitious and proactive. And for us it’s not just about technology. It’s about creativity and craft.
We are an organically grown collective, friends of friends of friends, and most have a secondary discipline – namely, music – that we take very seriously.
What we can offer you
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations and short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- Snacks and drinks available in our office kitchen.
Please send us your CV, references and earliest possible starting date, preferably via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal applications should be sent to Feingold Technologies GmbH, Human Resources, Münzstraße 19, 10178 Berlin. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →