Mobile Engineer // Affinitas
- Our teams are building apps across brand, so if you have experience in building apps that are reusing code across a number of brands, we’d like to speak with you. If you also have experience in building services using RESTful principles that’s even better!
- We typically look for great developers who understand the whole stack, and be a specialist in one or more areas.
- Most of our applications are written in Java or Swift, but as someone who is passionate about development, you’ll be open to picking up new languages and frameworks when the situation arises.
- Our developers decide the right tool for the job, so you should be very comfortable doing this too. We have a lot fun discussing the merits of different technology and we want you to join and lead these conversations.
- You care about tested, clean code, delightful user experiences and all the lovely stuff that’s involved with automatically tested continuously deployed applications.
- You should also feel comfortable writing tests, and adding to a continuous deployment system for mobile.
- We are looking for people who are proficient in teaching and leading by example, and mentoring both junior and senior engineers.
- As our company offers platforms all over the world and has lots of different nationalities, we made English our company language. Your English skills should be sufficient to have day to day conversations and read this job description.
- Super smart, dynamic, international team members. Highly skilled people striving for results; professional but with a fantastic sense of humour.
- A competitive salary, great benefits and an excellent working environment.
- Berlin startup amenities, such as nice laptops, and great office facilities (fair warning though: don’t be too sad when we beat you at table tennis or kicker in the beginning, as we’ve been training a lot)
- An opportunity to build a platform which is used by millions in many, many countries that help people find their soul mate.
PASSION; it’s a word that´s often used though very few companies can claim to actually inspire it. But we do! Affinitas brands are on the ‘serious dating’ side of the spectrum of dating platforms (as opposed to the casual hookup). Elite Singles, eDarling, and Attractive World are our main brands aimed at professionals looking for love.
We were one of the earliest startups in Berlin from the ‘new wave’ of tech startups. In fact, we’re practically startup royalty – successful (and profitable) with fun plans for expansion.
So; do you want to shape how people find love? Are you interested in joining an ambitious and inclusive workplace? The tech teams are continually striving for the highest quality, and to release quickly. We work in small, focussed, cross functional teams using bits of Scrum, Kanban, and a smidge of Extreme Programming.
Our teams have Product Management, Devs, and UX all working together every day.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →