Mobile QA Automation Engineer // 8fit
8fit understands the obstacles people face on their fitness journey. It often isn’t easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all way to find lifelong health. That’s why we’ve set out build the best way for people to achieve their personal fitness goals. 8fit makes healthy living fun and simple by providing tailored workouts, meal plans and guidance in one easy-to-use app.
Engineering at 8fit
We all care deeply about the work we do, and the tools we use. We try and create an environment that allows for personal & professional growth.
We believe culture is not a list of items. It’s the people you work with, but here are a few of the ideas we feel strongly about.
Venture outside your comfort zone — Ask questions. Be critical. Suggest ways of improving internal process. Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning.
Take ownership — The more freedom and responsibility people have, the less management is needed. Do your own research, talk with others on the team and don’t let anything stand between you and the results you want.
Great communication — The ability to exchange ideas efficiently is an important part of your skillset.
Bias towards action — Assume your first iteration will need improvement. The sooner you launch the sooner you can improve. Instead of speculating come back next week with real data.
- Build a reliable and scalable automation infrastructure
- Design and implement automated tests for our mobile applications
- Define test methods and create test plans, cases and scripts for our new features
- Assess and implement tools to drive the effectiveness of the QA team
- You have 3+ years of automation experience
- You are well-versed in Software QA methodologies, tools such as Selenium WebDriver, and processes in an agile environment
- You share our passion for software quality and user experience
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are highly detail-oriented
- Previous experience with QA for mobile products
- Experience with Appium
We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, and well stocked with healthy snacks.
Every Friday we get together for a lunch. We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people, and we stick to them ourselves. But don’t just take my word for it. You’re welcome to drop by and meet the team.
We love Berlin, but we don’t love the cold. That’s why every year you have the option to escape for a month with the team to some tropical destination. This year we are all heading to Koh Lanta in Thailand!
We like to work hard, but we believe in balance. Our office hours are quite flexible, ensuring everyone has plenty of time to exercise and enjoy life.
If you’re not in Berlin currently, let us help you make the jump! We offer relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens.
Include in your application
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.