Network Engineer (m/f) // Wayfair
We have an immediate need for a Network Engineer as part of our Corporate IT, Network and Voice/Call Center team.
Working as part of our Corporate Network and Voice team you’ll have tons of opportunities to flex your strengths as well as learn new things. The Corporate Network team at Wayfair underpins all of our headquarter offices, call centers, and warehouses across the US and abroad. Leave the legacy tech for the history books, no frame relay or controller based WLAN here, we adopt leading tech quickly (Palo Alto, Aerohive, Cisco ACI, Cisco Meraki to name but a few) and continuously push our designs to be stable, high performance, fast to deploy, and efficient to manage. We need smart, talented engineers to grow the network (more offices, more ports, wifi, etc).
What the Wayfair Corporate Network and Voice team does:
- Scales our Corporate Headquarter sites in the USA and Europe to support our growing Business.
- Rapidly rollout new offices, call centers, and warehouses to complement the business growth
- Smoke out problems and find the root cause of issues and suggest/implement fixes
- Maintain our wired and wireless infrastructure, by staying up on patches, adding capacity, rolling out new features
- Design, implement and support our Call Center environment.
- Design, implement and support our Warehouse network environment.
- Communicate with internal and external parties to refine requests and create a design/plan to address the true goal (which is not necessarily the same as the request)
We’re looking for sharp, logical, thinkers who find understanding and optimization of networks intrinsically fun and interesting and want to build their career around it. You are someone who embraces having a broad understanding, and enjoys developing a deep knowledge.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you are empowered to use your technical and business skills to drive large, complex projects from start to finish without oppressive oversight.
- You have a desire to automate everything, even if that means you need to learn how to program in Python & REST.
- You possess very strong troubleshooting skills and have a desire to jump in and solve problems.
- You have a curious technical appetite and an aptitude for learning advanced network technologies
- A bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university is preferred but not required
- You have 5+ years of experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols in a 24×7 environment.
- You have 5+ years of experience with advanced (Next Generation) network firewalls.
- You are fluid with firewall security policy administration and filter rules i.e. ACLs, IPS/IDS etc.
- You have strong experience configuring and supporting VPNs (IPSEC and SSL).
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication, and team building skills
- You don’t get frustrated when assignments change and you adjust easily to shifting priorities.
- Very comfortable with VPNs (IPSEC and SSL) and NAT.
- Good understanding of wireless technology (G / N / AC) and their fundamentals and common external factors.
- Exposure to VOIP networks and Call Centers, Cisco preferred (CUCM and UCCE).
- Participate in an on-call rotation providing 24/7 support of Wayfair’s campus locations.
Other traits we look for:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link: