NodeJS Backend Developer // Taxfix
What is Taxfix?
Taxfix is a well-funded tech startup in the heart of Berlin. It is our mission to make tax declarations easy!
We believe that everybody, regardless of their income, deserves to get the maximum out of their tax returns. This is why we want to provide everyone with a personalized tax accountant at their fingertips. Today, Taxfix allows you to file taxes in 25 minutes, no tax knowledge required, no stress, and no forms. Our App offers a chat-like interface to guide you through the process and gives you the maximum return.
Our team has a proven record of creating products that help people improve their lives. We share a passion for product development and creating an outstanding user experience. We are a small international team of talented, passionate and hardworking people who value non-bureaucratic processes and open communication.
You will be part of a talented multidisciplinary product team working with the latest technologies. You will be responsible for developing scalable micro-services that support our Apps and our core Tax expert system. Also, you will be an important player in the integration of different APIs of the electronic tax filling systems of different countries.
What you’ll do
- Build and maintain scalable micro-services using NodeJS and TypeScript.
- Apply innovative AI technologies to build intelligent software that can continuously assist users in collecting tax relevant information, enabling a fully-automated and optimized tax return at the end of the year.
- You will be involved in important product decisions and work closely with the whole team to deliver top-notch Apps.
What you need
- Be passionate about crafting high quality and elegant code.
- Previous experience building maintainable and scalable systems based on reliable and fault-tolerant services.
- Good understanding of distributed system and requirements for high availability.
- Experience in taking ownership.
Our team is looking for someone who is pragmatic, applies the best software engineering principles to build simple abstractions for complex problems, and who enjoys working in an agile environment.
- Full-stack development; most of the solutions we build often require backend, mobile, and web components
- Knowledge of ELSTER or any Government electronic tax system
- Familiarity with DevOps principles (knowledge of Docker desirable)
- Contributions to open source projects