PHP Backend Developer // Rocket Internet
What we value in our employees
Working at Rocket means taking ownership from day one and giving everything for our projects to make a meaningful and sustainable impact. For our businesses to go from zero to launch, we remain focused while being confident. Our colleagues from more than 70 nationalities act as an interconnected team that exchanges across country borders to ensure maximum efficiency. We expect to win with every company we build and every action we take.
About your new role
As an Engineer at Rocket you help launching successful startup companies all over the world. Whatever technologies, languages, or development environments you’ve been using, we expect you have mastered them in depth.
If scale and speed of execution is exciting to you, if you are passionate about your craft and if you are striving to build systems that matter to millions of people around the world, Rocket will be the right place for you!
Growing at an incredible pace we’re looking for sharp, passionate engineers that help us make our web platforms the best in the world.
What we offer:
- Agile, cross-functional team with lots of responsibility on the team level
- Build platforms and web applications for our startup companies that reach millions of users in 110+ countries every day
- Many opportunities to grow on a personal and professional level
- Work with great people
- Flat management hierarchy
- Challenging projects
- Competitive salary
- Relocation package ensuring a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
What we expect from you:
- Several years of experience as a PHP developer
- Proven track record of successful projects
- Code quality, unit tests and scalability mean something to you
- You feel comfortable owning complex systems
- Fluent English speaking & writing skills
- Ability to master any technology, language, or development environment that we might need in the future
Technologies and platforms we support include:
- PHP Frameworks: Phalcon, Symfony2
- Tools: GitHub, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo
- AWS, Puppet
- Solr, ElasticSearch, Memcached, Redis, MySQL, Postgres
- Bootstrap, jQuery, Less, Sass, Compass, Angular
- Responsive desktop & mobile web
- Native Android and iOS
Having experience with one or more of them is a plus but not a must-have.
We at Rocket’s Recruitment Team would be happy to receive your application in English.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →