PHP Developer // Looping
WHO WE ARE
Looping sets out to become the central organization and time planning tool for families, groups, sport clubs etc. We’re working on building the simplest and best family and group calendar, and we embrace user needs as part of our DNA.
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for an enthusiastic PHP developer to work as part of our small engineering team, to help build the web and backend components of our service.
We’re gradually migrating from a monolithic Symfony app to a modern cloud and microservice-based architecture. Our user-facing apps (Android, iOS and React) are constantly improving, and the backend and data services need to move at the same speed. We’re not Google-sized (yet!) but we have hundreds of thousands of users and millions of events in our systems.
WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE
- A good knowledge of PHP (any experience with others such as Ruby, Go, Java, NodeJS etc is definitely a plus)
- At least one year’s experience in development of web applications using a modern MVC framework such as Symfony, Rails, Django etc. Experience of frontend web development with React is a bonus
- Sound knowledge of software engineering principles like OOP, MVC and REST
- Understanding of relational and schemaless databases
- Experience in working in Agile product teams, using processes like TDD, pairing and Git Flow
- Any knowledge of devops tools like build automation and deployment, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS would be very useful.
- Professional English skills (our working language is English so German is useful but not essential!)
Don’t match this exactly, but have experience, enthusiasm and want to learn? Let’s talk!
OUR TECH STACK
PHP * MySQL * Mongo * MVC * REST * JSON * Swift * Java * Kotlin * React * Git * AWS * Docker * Kafka
Behind Looping stands a team of very experienced entrepreneurs, investors and hands-on professionals who established companies such as Delivery Hero, Soundcloud, gate5, eKomi and Coup. We have a very flat, respectful hierarchy, and everyone’s opinions are taken seriously.
We use Agile processes, with product, design and engineering working closely together in two-week sprints and rapid product upgrades.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A interesting and helpful product in the growth phase
- Open ears for changes and improvements
- Great learning experience
- Good team spirit
- Great offices in Berlin Mitte (Rosenthaler Platz U-bahn)
- Choose your own kit
- Great product helping users to stay organized
- Free drinks and regular team events
READY TO JOIN THE FAMILY?
To apply, or to meet up for a coffee to learn more, send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
SOME SMALL PRINT
- Yes, we do often work remotely. We’re not ready for 100% remote yet, but we’re pretty flexible otherwise.
- Unfortunately at the moment we can’t offer visa sponsorship.
- No, we’re not nearly diverse enough. If you could help us improve this, great!
- Recruiters: thanks, but we’re starting our search using our own networks to begin with. Please respect this – we do sometimes work with agencies, but hassling us now won’t improve your chances of working with us in the future.