PHP Software Engineer, Supply Technology // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is on a mission to turn trips into amazing experiences, using our product and technology to change the way travelers find and book things to do and explore their destination. Providing tools and support to our supply chain plays a key role in the ensuring that our customers can get what they want, when they want, at the best rates in the world. We are looking for great Engineers to help us create the foundational support for this mission.
You will be working in a small and multi-disciplinary team solving unique, interesting and challenging problems. You will have significant ownership and responsibility as you work on discovering new ways to make a big impact on our customers, suppliers and business. This is an ideal role to ramp up into the GetYourGuide world and have immediate impact on our mission.
Here are the skills we’re looking for:
- Positive, pro-active team player who is passionate about their craft
- High proficiency using object-oriented PHP and web frameworks like Symfony2
- Good understanding of MySQL, including complex queries and optimization
- Ability to turn ideas into into fast, reliable and maintainable code
- Exposure to API architectural patterns
- Product and data-centric prioritization and decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be great if you also bring:
- Project management experience
- Previous exposure to interfacing with external stakeholders
- An active Github account and/or open-source projects
More reasons to join us:
- We are headquartered in Berlin!
- International customers and co-workers (we speak English)
- Apple or Linux equipment, whichever you prefer
- Quarterly Hackathons and weekly tech talks
- Annual external training budget per engineer
- Virtual Stock Options
- Relocation assistance
- Free breakfast and German lessons
- GetYourGuide activity vouchers
Do you have the skills for the job, the enthusiasm about our vision and fit our culture? We’re looking forward to hearing from you! Be sure to get recruitment tips and check out life as a GetYourGuider on our blog at inside.getyourguide.com. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.