Platform Architect (m/f) // relayr GmbH
Relayr is bringing thing as to life. We have a cloud interoperability problem supported by a diverse mix of SDKs and APIs for both IoT hardware and Applications that want to access the data. We also have Gateway software which allows us to create a very dispersed (fog) architecture. We have a strong industrial customer base both in Germany and America, and a mission to invent and create new IoT based solutions.
Currently we are looking for a Platform Architect to join our engineering team. We have grown very fast, and whilst we have a good design in place, we need to introduce a specialist who will drive the platform forward with a strong vision.
- Work closely with the CTO and Director of Platform as well as the engineering teams
- Own the API design in terms of readability, grammar and consistency
- Pragmatically introduce Architectural design processes to develop best practice across the team
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to evolve and Improve relayr’s MicroService architecture.
- Enabling new features to be quickly released to the market
- Architect solutions which emphasise performance, security and scalability
- Take an active role in managing ongoing costs (AWS)
- Proven experience building and evolving large MicroService architectures
- Experience with building well designed APIs
- Experience in guiding engineering teams to best practice, adopting a pragmatic rather than theoretical approach
- Strong communication skills working with a multi-cultural team in English
- Established credibility with a bag of programming war stories
- Ability to cross language divides (Scala, Java, Node.js, Erlang)
- Experience with NRTP, analytics and data streaming
- Flexible office environment
- A diverse and friendly team with people from all over the world, speaking 10+ languages, of all ages and parental-status
- Connecting you with a network of companies and people from around the globe
- A learning environment where you can extend and build upon your skills and interests, as well as knowledge-sharing at our semi-weekly events
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences pertaining to your discipline
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options
- Cool office located in Kreuzberg with free beverages, fresh fruit, a kicker table, a variety of team events, and social activities – we love to hang out and be social!
- Free German courses at intermediate and advanced level.
- We offer the ability to work in a cutting-edge field with the best people in the IoT industry!
Sounds interesting? Please follow the link to apply for this position:
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →