Prototype and Test Engineer // Lofelt
Full-time permanent, part-time flexible, student interns also welcome to apply. Start date as soon as possible. Berlin.
Lofelt builds natural bridges between people and technology. We supply our clients – some of the most popular brands in the world – with high-definition haptic technology to enhance user experiences with consumer products, gaming and VR devices. In 2016, our first product hit the market: the Basslet, a watch-size music subwoofer that delivers bass straight to your body so you can feel music in high definition. Lofelt was founded in 2014 and is based in Berlin.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, resourceful and talented Prototype and Test Engineer who will build and shape the technology that powers our future products.
As part of our engineering team, you will be:
- Hands-on building, testing, and maintaining our user experience demos.
- Producing internal prototypes to verify our technology.
- Developing customer prototypes that inspire our customers.
- Collaborating with our Senior Engineers to validate the design.
- Creating new and innovative haptic experiences.
Your Profile, Qualifications and Experience
- Basic electronics knowledge: schematics, soldering (SMD components understanding is a plus), working with oscilloscopes, bench power supplies and multimeters.
- Experience with documenting technical systems.
- A self-starter that thrives on fast-paced hands-on practical work and able to quickly implement technical feedback into prototype designs.
- Knowledge of fast prototyping resources (especially Berlin-based) is a big plus.
- Be an independent, efficient and resourceful [worker] who can hit the ground running.
- Studying for (or recently graduated with) a degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or relevant subject with a portfolio to show (a big plus).
- Strong English-language skills.
What We Offer
- Exchange with a highly-qualified team of engineers and a strong team of senior professionals, in a well-funded startup environment.
- A chance to work on cross-functional challenges that involve mechanical design, electronics and software.
- Access to cool technology and test equipment necessary for effective development.
- A young and flexible startup culture and the opportunity to grow along with the company.
- An open, friendly and respectful culture.
- A big and open office located in a vibrant part of Berlin’s Kreuzberg neighborhood.
- A chance to build products that matter to people.
We look forward to receiving your application!