Python Backend Developer (m/f) // momox
PYTHON BACKEND DEVELOPER (m/F) FOR OUR HUB-TEAM SOLARIS.
momox is Germany’s leading online buying-and-selling service, where everyone can turn their books, films, CDs, games and clothes into money. Via www.momox.de and the momox app (iOS and Android) we buy used products at fixed prices. We offer the purchased items for sale in our online shops www.medimops.de (media) and www.ubup.com (fashion) and other marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, faithful to the slogan “We give products a second life” Since starting, we have grown to become a company of 1,300 dedicated people at four locations in Berlin, Leipzig, Neuenhagen and Stettin. We are active in Germany, Austria, France and Great Britain. In 2016 our employees generated a revenue of 150 million euros. Since our launch, we have bought to sell more than 125 million items.
The people working for us are as diverse as our products. Logistics experts, team players, communication geniuses, creative minds, IT specialists and many more give their best at our four locations. We are still looking for new enthusiastic colleagues.
If you want to be part of this success story, work in an ambitious and loyal team and are seeking a performance challenge please continue reading.
You work in an agile environment on the further development of our backend.
You keep the world’s second most successful Amazon trader running with your own hands.
You are at the center of the flow of information from momox.
You will work in the following areas:
- Connecting to new marketplaces (Amazon, eBay) as well as optimization of these
- Continuous development of our buying and selling processes
- Conception and improvement of our software architecture
- Close coordination with other development teams to continuously improve the momox backend
- You have a degree in computer science or equivalent training or are a career changer and can show reference projects
- Strong Python background with at least 3 years experience in programming with Python
- Experience with relational database systems
- Slippers and a good sense of humour
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with the use of Django as a framework
- Experience in using UNIX / LINUX
- Experience with methods like Scrum and TDD
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
- Python 3 with Django as framework
- MySQL, Elasticsearch
- CentOs, nginx, uWSGI
- Git and GitLab Continuous Integration
- Beanstalk as a task queue
THAT MAKES MOMOX ATTRACTIVE
- Exciting tasks and challenges in the center of Berlin
- Agile work environment (Scrum) with flat hierarchies
- Motivated, open-minded teams with openness for new impulses
- Support for open source projects
- Lounge with table football and PlayStation
- Fit on the job through running groups, cooperation with the Urban Sports Club and healthy lunch from smunch.co
- Work-life balance with flexible working hours
- Employee benefits such as discounted public transport ticket, day care allowances, shopping vouchers for our medimops shop, free drinks, fruits and much more
This is the right challenge for you? Apply now!