Python Engineer (Data Processing & Automation Unit) // solarisBank
Our international team of 160+ colleagues combines digital focus, tech expertise and banking experience. Whether you’re a full-stack developer, banker or astronaut, if you’re ready to change banking, reach out to us. We love what we do and love our team.
Tech as a team together with Product are the agile heartbeat of the company and as engineers we collaborate end-2-end within the company to build great products for our partners and end customers. It is our pride to build state of the art, elegant, straight forward software and it is our professional ambition to deliver value in high quality as early as possible in a sustainable way. The products we deliver are resilient, scalable and performant.
The Data Processing & Automation Unit provides the foundation and infrastructure for everyone at solarisBank to automate manual processes. We also proactively gather manual processes and do not hesitate to automate them as fast as possible. Our aim is to achieve 100% straight-through processing. To fulfill this, we work closely with the data platform team of solarisBank and collaborate with departments as Finance, Banking Operations, Product or Compliance. To sum it up … we help people in need for automation to make their lives much easier by processing data to visualize information for smooth and efficient operational work or in building background services automating processes to make human intervention obsolete.
“Automate all the things” is our Mantra!
Our technology stack includes) Python, Spark, Luigi, AWS services (S3, Kinesis, EMR, … to name a few and is continuously evolving. Services at solarisBank are tested end-2-end, monitored, containerized and continuously deployed.
- You work in the Data Processing & Automation Unit of Risk & Data
- You design and develop scalable services to automate manual processes
- You proactively look for manual processes to automate
- You help your peers to build data pipelines, data visualizations, and special purpose projects to automate complex manual processes
- You are the one who brings our services to AWS
- You optimize systems for performance and reliability and proactively pay attention to scalability, performance and availability of our systems
- You take responsibility for the platform and shape its overall architecture
- You take ownership of specific components and continuously work to improve them
- You challenge the status quo
- As an experienced Developer, you are part of a team of ambitious engineers
- You have at least 3 years of experience in Python (open-source projects definitely count)
- You have experience in:
- Dockerized microservices
- Stateless and stateful architectures
- Workflow engines (Luigi/Airflow) and ETL
- Ideally you also know:
- AWS Cloud services (S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, EMR, …)
- Distributed systems technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- Data visualization tools
- You have passion to create something from nothing and to shape your unit together with your peers
- You know what “move fast and break things” and what a hacker mindset means
- You always make sure your code is well-tested in an automated manner
- You love to automate repetitive tasks and value reproducibility
- Being a fan of open-source is a big plus
- You are fun to work with and you actively contribute to our company culture
- You have the strong will and ability to learn fast and you are able to explain complex matters to different audiences
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus
- We are a tech company with a banking license and we change banking forever. We combine the best from the digital world with our unique tech-enabled platform banking approach.
- Take a deep breath – and get ready to grow at the speed of light: We’re a young company and you can shape our destiny from day one.
- You’ll join a team of experts from tech, entrepreneurship and banking. It’s an exclusive combination you’ll find in few places other than solarisBank.
- We’re growing rapidly – and you will grow with us. We have a true hands-on mentality which creates lots of opportunities for individual growth.