Python Engineer – Machine Learning Team (m/f) // commercetools
We are looking for experienced Python Engineers with a strong background in software engineering for production to join our Machine Learning team. As a member of our team, you will create innovative machine learning applications for our cloud-based eCommerce platform and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Product Managers and DevOps Engineers. Your solutions will be based on a rich variation of data sources including images, natural language text, demographics, sales records or product attributes. Common applications include recommendation engines, anomaly detection or trend prediction, but we are always looking to push conventional boundaries and develop innovative applications based on modern machine learning research.
About the role:
- Design, build and deploy scalable machine learning APIs
- Make informed choices on preprocessing methods, feature engineering and modeling techniques
- Stay up-to-date with new developments in machine learning research and e-commerce
- Communicate the results of your work to people with diverse backgrounds
- M.Sc. in a quantitative discipline such as computer science, machine learning or statistics
- At least three years of work experience in software engineering for production
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and relevant Python libraries (pandas, numpy, scikit-learn, keras/tensorflow/pytorch, spark, etc.)
- Solid understanding of databases, git, continuous integration and best practices in monitoring and deployment of applications
- Excellent communication and English language skills (German is a plus)
- Bonus: Experience in eCommerce, Google Cloud Platform, NoSQL databases, data engineering or Scala
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge we concentrate in a healthy growing company.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.