QA Analyst // Springer Nature
Do you believe that quality is a team responsibility and not just the QA? Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience in Kanban teams? Then, we might be a perfect fit! We are looking forward to your online application! To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springer.com and springernature.com.
Springer Nature is seeking talented QA Analysts to join the Digital Systems group within our scientific & scholarly publishing business. These people will join teams responsible for building the next generation of applications used across many parts of our business, including identity management and digital publishing platforms.
You love testing. You can demonstrate a number of years’ experience testing complex web applications on teams that build software collaboratively. You have a strong test mind-set, are context-driven, and have the courage to question what others might unwittingly take as tacit assumptions. You have the technical skills to automate tests, the communication skills to collaborate with your team, and the creative hands-on exploratory testing skills to ensure that the whole system is exercised. You believe that quality is a team responsibility and not just the QA
You’re used to working in iterative, collaborative agile development environments and know exactly how you fit into that kind of team. You spend the time to build good relationships, especially with developers and Product Owners. You take an active part in team discussions and ceremonies, as well as the broader company community. You also like to get your head down and focus on the nitty-gritty detail of the system in front of you.
Your goal is delivery. Writing comprehensive automated tests is great, but you know that eliciting a clear set of robust requirements and acceptance criteria up-front is vital to your team’s success. To that end, you set high value on the “Three Amigos” conversation. You've experienced the pain of troubleshooting automated tests for applications in production and know the impact that not building things right first time has on customers, end-users, and the business.
To succeed you will need to demonstrate:
- Extensive recent experience testing complex web applications
- Proven track record in creating automated tests against user interfaces and APIs
- Competence with Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber JVM, RESTAssured or other relevant tools
- Experience of agile delivery using Scrum/Kanban, on a team using BDD or TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills since you will be collaborating with different disciplines since inception up to deployment (BA/PM/PO/UX/DEV)
Desirable skills and experience you may also be able to bring to the role include:
- Performance testing with tools such as Gatling and JMeter
- Security testing against the OWASP Top Ten using tools such as Qualys, BDD-Security or Gauntlt
- Proven participation in the wider testing community
- Keen exploratory testing skills
- Limitation: None
- Working Hours: Full-time
- Company and Location: Springer Science + Business Media Deutschland GmbH, Berlin
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Varied and interesting tasks
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies
- A good work life balance with fair working hours + a generous and flexible vacation package
- Discounted public transport
- Discounted book prices
- An excellent on-site cafeteria
Excited by the prospect of joining us? We are looking forward to your online application. Please upload a CV and cover letter, including your salary expectations and current notice period.
To find out more information about our organization please take a look at www.springer.com and springernature.com.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →