QA Test Analyst (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – inspire more than 6 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
Our Quality Assurance team is the goalkeeper of the company: it is the last line of defense before the user. Our purpose is to ensure an extraordinary user experience to all of our customers. Blinkist is growing quickly and we are looking for passionate and motivated testers who can help us bring the quality of our app to the next level.
As a QA Test Analyst, you will structure and run tests to ensure that the learning content of our product fits the system requirements. You will advocate a shared ownership for quality at Blinkist. You will join our cross-functional, agile tech team and work in close collaboration with our developers and product managers to understand new features and develop tests.
What you will do:
- Develop test cases and test concepts in order to review the quality of our features
- Work with your team to assist with the preparation of test plans and the testing of software
- Run failure analyses and report the results to the responsible team
- Test features and bugs
- Convert requirements and specifications into written test plans, test cases, and occasionally test scripts
- Synchronize and align with other QA experts across the department and company in order to continuously improve and standardize testing methods and tools
- Work hand in hand with Customer Support as the first point of contact for investigating and resolving user issues
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a QA Test Analyst role
- You have strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- You are familiar with the execution of test cases for desktop, mobile and app tests
- You have a strong understanding of testing methodologies and quality as part of the delivery lifecycle
- You have a passion for hunting bugs
- You have exceptional attention to detail
- You’re methodical but can also think outside of the box
- [Bonus] You have experience with automation testing
- [Bonus] ISTQB® Certified Tester Foundation Level
- [Bonus] You have experience with JIRA, Confluence, Charles
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free private language lessons. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of QA Test Analyst, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!