Rails Junior Developer (m/f) // Blinkist
As our Rails Junior Developer you will:
- Work hands-on in a project to extract services out of our monolithic applications
- Help us build micro services in efficient Ruby on Rails code
- Be a fully-fledged member of our highly motivated and awesome team of experienced engineers
- Be able to play with the latest technologies on Amazon Web Services (ECS, Docker, Terraform)
- Learn a lot about engineering processes and dev team organization
To do this, we believe you should:
- Have created your own Ruby on Rails project (that you can show us)
- Have a high interest or even a degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Love coding and want to go all in
- Be eager to learn new skills and face challenges autonomously
- Be able to communicate in a clear way in English
- Be able to work in our office in Berlin
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free drinks, fresh fruit, and furious foosball fights, plus the nicest, smartest bunch of coworkers. Add a competitive salary, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Rails Junior Developer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to be part of a rapidly-growing, popular and valuable product, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!