R&D Engineer // colormass
We believe that as the technology advances, peoples daily lives will become dominated by 3D. At colormass, our vision is to create the realistic digital assets for this virtual world. Today we are accomplishing this by capturing the true physical nature of the forms and materials that exist in the world around us.
Our mission began in the furniture industry, where our technology is already being used to replace traditional photo shoots: https://vimeo.com/198467920.
colormass was also selected to compete in the most prestigious start up competition, TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco (the “world championship” of young companies), as one of the most innovative startups in 2017. You can read more about it here: https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/18/goodbye-photo-studios-hello-colormass-virtual-photoshoots/.
At colormass we are developing state of the art technologies in the field of 3D. We are currently looking to expand our research team (in Berlin) with physicists, mathematicians and computer scientists who are interested in solving difficult theoretical problems with a practical use. Your role will be to work on a solution for challenging problems or to implement an existing paper or technique.
One example of such a task would be to research concepts and algorithms which can extract the surface properties of fabrics, wood and other finishes. More specifically, algorithms that efficiently approximate BSDF properties of different physical materials based on photographs captured using our in-house camera and light system. Another example would be to research geometry processing algorithms that efficiently approximate the form of a real life object based on a few photographs.
Please note that we are not looking for candidates who have experience in all of these areas but rather for somebody who is highly motivated about one of them.
- Read papers and keep up with the newest research in the field of geometry processing, optics and computer graphics
- Research algorithms that efficiently approximate BSDF properties of different physical materials
- Research algorithms that efficiently approximate the forms of real life objects
- Lead the development, prototyping, and testing of new computer graphics algorithms
- Collaborate with highly skilled 3D artists and engineers
- BSc degree in mathematics, physics, information technology or similar
- High motivation and perseverance to tackle difficult problems
- Good English or German
- MSc or PhD degree in in mathematics, physics, information technology or a related field
- Good knowledge of classical and modern optics
- Good knowledge of geometry processing
- Experience in Python or C++
- Experience in computer graphics
- Strong passion for writing software of the highest quality
What we offer
- Being part of a technological revolution and shaping the future of the 3D industry
- Dynamic, stimulating company culture with a very challenging vision
- Continuous self-development and the opportunity to learn from highly skilled colleagues
- Job type: Full-time
- Location: Berlin (close to Ernst-Reuter-Platz)
How to apply?
Please send your application to jobs-at-colormass.com with the following information:
- Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Anything (computer) science related you are proud of
- Salary expectation
- Put “R&D Engineer” (!) in the subject line of your email
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call us: +49 30 6920 6200 1 or send an email to the above mentioned email address.
Please find more information about the position here: http://colormass.com/jobs/r-d-engineer/.